On Sunday, February 28, 2021, the 78th Annual Golden Globes Awards will take place at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
In order to facilitate appropriate security for this event and to minimize the impact of traffic on adjacent residential streets, street closures and parking restrictions will be implemented.
North Santa Monica Blvd.
- Westbound: North Santa Monica Blvd. will be closed to westbound traffic from Wilshire Blvd. to Century Park East from 9 p.m. Friday, February 26 until 4 a.m. Monday, March 1.
- Eastbound: North Santa Monica Blvd. will be closed to eastbound traffic from Wilshire Blvd. to Century Park East from 3 a.m. Sunday, February 28 until 4 a.m. Monday, March 1.
Alternate Routes: South Santa Monica to remain open in both directions
- The eastbound curb lane of Wilshire Boulevard, east of Whittier, will be closed from 6 a.m. Wednesday, February 24 until 4 a.m. Monday, March 1.
Merv Griffin Way
- Merv Griffin Way will be closed to both north and southbound traffic between North Santa Monica Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd. from 6 a.m. Tuesday, February 23 until 4 a.m. Monday, March, 1.
Whittier, Carmelita, Elevado and Lomitas at Walden Dr. and Tenton Dr. and adjacent alleys:
- These streets will not be closed to street traffic on Sunday, February 28; however, all streets will be posted with no-parking signs. No parking signs will be valid until 12 a.m. Monday, March 1.
Parking will be completely restricted (no exceptions) from 6 a.m. Sunday, February 28 until 12 a.m. Monday, March 1 on the following streets:
• Whittier Dr: Wilshire Blvd. to Sunset Blvd.
Parking will be restricted to resident vehicles with a permit or exemption code from 6 a.m. Sunday, February 28 until 12 a.m. Monday, March 1 on the following streets:
• Carmelita Ave: Wilshire Blvd. to Walden Dr.
• Lomitas Ave: Whittier Dr. to Walden Dr.
• Elevado Ave: Wilshire Blvd. to Walden Dr.
• Trenton Dr: Whittier Dr. to Wilshire Blvd.
• Walden Dr: Santa Monica Blvd. to Whittier Dr.
• Greenway Dr: Sunset Blvd. to Whittier Dr.
For residents without permit parking, a parking exemption can be obtained by contacting the City’s Parking Exemption Line at (310) 285-2548 or online at beverlyhills.org/parkingexemptions.
For questions and concerns prior to the day of the event, please call the Police Department Traffic Bureau at (310) 285-2196.
For questions and concerns on the day of the event, please call the Golden Globes Hotline M-F 9 a.m.- 6p.m. and February 28 from 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. at (310) 550- 4680.