Beverly Hills, CA – The County of Los Angeles today issued an updated Health Officer Order which continues to relax restrictions during the recovery period from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective immediately, personal care services such as tattoo and massage parlors, body waxing and tanning salons (in addition to hair and nail salons) can reopen indoor operations in LA County with modifications.
Today’s Health Order also allows outdoor operations such as go-karts, mini-golf and batting cages to reopen. At breweries and wineries, reservations will no longer be mandatory, although they are strongly recommended.
This update allows businesses in the City of Beverly Hills that fall within these categories to begin operating if County Department of Public Health guidelines and appendix protocols can be met.
The Order also lifts the 25% occupancy restriction for hair and nail salons allowing them to operate indoors at full capacity as long as social distancing is adhered to. Only single services can be performed and hair stylists will only be permitted to work on one client at a time.
Also announced today, the percentage of high-needs students permitted at a school campus for on-site learning has been increased from 10% to 25%, allowing more students to return for in-person instruction and services.
Businesses are still encouraged to continue operating outdoors through the City of Beverly Hills ‘OpenBH’ program. For more information about applying for an OpenBH permit, visit beverlyhills.org/OpenBH.
The full Health Order is available at: Health Order (10.23.20)
Detailed protocols may be found at the links below:
- APPENDIX A: Protocols for Social Distancing (10.05.20)
- APPENDIX B: Protocols for Retail Businesses Opening for In Person Shopping (10.05.20)
- APPENDIX C: Protocols for Warehousing, Manufacturing, Logistics (07.18.20)
- APPENDIX D: Protocols for Office-Based Worksites (08.07.20)
- APPENDIX E: Protocols for Shopping Center Operators (10.23.20)
- APPENDIX F: Places of Worship Protocol (07.17.20)
- APPENDIX G: Protocols for Vehicle Based Parades or Drive Thru Events (10.13.20)
- APPENDIX H: Nail Salon, Hair Salons/Barber Shops (refer to APPENDIX R)
- APPENDIX I: Restaurants, Breweries and Wineries (Update coming soon)
- APPENDIX J: Music, Television and Film Production (08.18.20)
- APPENDIX K: Day Camps (08.11.20)
- APPENDIX L: Gym and Fitness Establishments (08.11.20)
- APPENDIX M: Museums, Galleries, Zoos and Aquariums (10.04.20)
- APPENDIX N: Professional Sports Leagues and Facilities Opening for Training Sessions and Spectator-Free Events (08.29.20)
- APPENDIX O: Campgrounds and RV Parks (08.21.20)
- APPENDIX P: Hotels, Lodging and Short-Term Rentals (07.17.20)
- APPENDIX Q: Cardrooms (10.22.20)
- APPENDIX R: Hair Salons, Nail Salons and all Personal Care Services (10.23.20)
- APPENDIX V: Miniature Golf, Batting Cages and Go Kart Racing (10.23.20)
- APPENDIX T1: Reopening Protocols for K-12 Schools (10.21.20)
- APPENDIX T2: Protocol for COVID-19 Exposure Management Plan in K-12 Schools (10.18.20)
For additional information or questions about the County’s updated Order, please email email@example.com